The Apple iPad: New Standard for Mobile Computing & Wireless Expectations?
Questions Answered in Report
What makes the iPad unique among recent Apple products and other tablets on the market?
In which areas can the wireless communications and IT industries take advantage of development opportunities?
How do market analyses apply to these industries?
Should these industries anticipate further iPad and "iPad-like" innovations in the near future?
- Discover the actual utilities and possibilities of the wireless and other technological innovations of the Apple iPad.
- Use social and economic market trends as guides for development, and anticipate industry opportunities as applicable.
1 Mobile Internet today
1.1 Wireless technology in notebooks
1.2 Wireless technology in recent Apple products other than notebooks
2 What is the Apple iPad?
2.1 What makes the Apple iPad stand out from current products including the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch?
2.2.2 Disadvantages and Complaints
2.2.3 Expected improvements
2.2.4 Unaddressed functionalities
2.2.5 Other Current and Soon-to-Be-Available Tablets: Competition for the iPad?
2.2.6 eReaders and the iPad
3 iPad Applications
3.1 Technical considerations
3.2 Existing applications
3.2.1 For business use
3.2.2 For education use
3.2.3 For consumer use
3.3 Telecommunications and the iPad
3.3.2 Next Generation Networks
3.3.3 Mobile Marketing
4 Market trends and forecasts
4.1 iPad Sales Projections
4.2 iPad Impact on Notebooks, Netbooks, and Smartphones
4.3 iPad Market Impact on eReaders
4.4 iPad Market Impact On Networks
5 Future of the future
5.1 Future of Mobile Computing
5.2 Future of Networks
6 Other Considerations
6.1 The ‘Walled Garden’
6.2 Cloud Computing: Android-Apple Wars
6.3 Network Neutrality
6.4 Global economy and consumer spending
MOST RECENT RESEARCH
- Self Organizing Network (SON) Infrastructure Provider Market and Forecast 2013 – 2017
- Next Generation Network OSS/BSS Market and Forecast 2013-2018
- Implementing and Operating Self-organizing Networks (SON): Analysis and Case Studies for Mobile Network Operators
- Telephony Application Programmer Interface (API): Ecosystem, Value-chain, Business Models and Market Opportunities